General Information for New Employees

You are here: Home / Faculty and Staff / College Offices / Human Resources / General Information for New Employees

Welcome to the College of the Liberal Arts!

    • Parking for Liberal Arts employees
    • Penn State Homepage
    • Penn State Human Resources
    • Campus Map

      View and print maps of the campus, get directions to University Park, find buildings, find out where to park.

    • ID+ Card Services

      When you arrive at Penn State, you will be issued a Penn State ID+ card. The ID+ card works as an official photo ID (used, for example, when cashing checks), and it permits you to borrow books from the University Libraries, to purchase food and beverages from on-campus dining facilities, to utilize on-campus fitness centers, and more.

    • Computer Account Services

      Your computer account is your unique digital identity at Penn State.

    • PSU Libraries

      The Penn State University Libraries website will help you access Penn State's collections of more than 5.3 million books, 88,000 serials, 536 databases, and 100,000 e-books at all Penn State locations. Additionally, librarians and staff can help you with instructional programs, online guides, course reserves, digital project, equipment, and more.

    • Purchasing Card Information (Note: A Penn State Access Account is required to view this content)

      The Penn State Purchasing Card is intended to be a controlled, convenient and efficient means of transacting University business. The purchasing card is a credit card that may be used only for business purchases.

    • Commission for Women

      The Commission for Women serves as an advisory group to the President of the University on the status of women at Penn State, advocates for women's concerns, and recommends solutions.

    • Campus Recreational and Athletic Facilities

      The Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics website provides information about the many services and opportunities available to enhance the health and well-being of all PSU students, faculty and staff.

    • Dual Career Program

      Penn State is currently reviewing the Dual Career Program. In the meantime, for faculty hires, it would be helpful if you inform your department head about it and provide them with a copy of your partner's resume or CV. Often the department head can play a role in facilitating referrals, or may have some ideas about opportunities. Our HR Strategic Partner may also be able to help (Amanda Gallo at 863-8426). 

    • International Scholar Advising 

      International Scholar Advising in the University Office of Global Programs offers assistance and advice to university staff and faculty members regarding immigration related issues and regulations.

    • Penn State Federal Credit Union

      You may open a checking or savings account at the Penn State Federal Credit Union, located in suite 102 of the HUB-Robeson Center. You can view a list of other banks in State College on You must have a social security number to open an account. If you do not already have one, you can apply at the Social Security Office, located at 901 University Drive, Suite 2. You can contact them with questions at (814) 238-5035.

      If you are paid through a University funding source, you will need a US checking or savings account so that your paycheck can be direct-deposited into that account each month (deposits are made on the last working day of the month). You will need to complete a salary deposit form (your department will give you this when you start work) and attach either a voided check (a blank, unsigned check bearing your checking account number, on which you've written "VOID") or a savings deposit slip.

    • Information Technology Security Policy Manual
    • Health Advocate

State College Community Information


    State College's official website - an internet gateway to community information. has a vast amount of information on dining, businesses, recreation, and shopping. Visit the FAQ for answers on how to find specific information.

  • PA Department of Motor Vehicles

    This site serves as a virtual service center that enables customers to complete e-Government services, fill out and print forms, download fact sheets, find service locations, learn about special programs, and contact PennDOT with driver and vehicle related questions and suggestions.

Theaters and Music Venues

Child Care

Finding Housing

Return to Top