Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Faculty and Staff New Employees

General Information for New Employees

Welcome to the College of the Liberal Arts!

Information for Prospective Faculty

Penn State Resources

Penn State Homepage

Penn State Office of Human Resources

Campus Map
View and print maps of the campus, get directions to University Park, find buildings, find out where to park.

ID+ Card Services
When you arrive at Penn State, you will be issued a Penn State ID+ card. The ID+ card works as an official photo ID (used, for example, when cashing checks), and it permits you to borrow books from the University Libraries, to purchase food and beverages from on-campus dining facilities, to utilize on-campus fitness centers, and more.

Computer Account Services
Your computer account is your unique digital identity at Penn State.

Parking Services
A parking pass will be issued to you by the parking chairperson. Please be aware that parking is in limited supply and that parking restrictions are strictly enforced. Campus parking tickets range from $11.00 to $36.00. For more information about parking on campus, visit the Transportation Services website.

PSU Libraries
The Penn State University Libraries website will help you access Penn State's collections of more than 5.3 million books, 88,000 serials, 536 databases, and 100,000 e-books at all Penn State locations. Additionally, librarians and staff can help you with instructional programs, online guides, course reserves, digital project, equipment, and more.

Purchasing Card Information (Note: A Penn State Access Account is required to view this content)
The Penn State Purchasing Card is intended to be a controlled, convenient and efficient means of transacting University business. The purchasing card is a credit card that may be used only for business purchases.

Commission for Women
The Commission for Women serves as an advisory group to the President of the University on the status of women at Penn State, advocates for women's concerns, and recommends solutions.

Campus Recreational and Athletic Facilities
The Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics website provides information about the many services and opportunities available to enhance the health and well-being of all PSU students, faculty and staff.

Dual Career Program
Penn State offers the services of a Dual Career Coordinator through the Office of Human Resources to assist the partners of new or recently-hired faculty and staff in locating a job locally. If your spouse or partner might benefit from this assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. For faculty hires, it would be helpful if you inform your department head about it and provide him/her with a copy of your partner's resume or CV. Often the department head can play a role in facilitating referrals, or may have some ideas about opportunities. Our Human Resources Representative may also be able to help (Sean Moeller at 863-8426).

International Scholar Advising
International Scholar Advising in the University Office of Global Programs offers assistance and advice to university staff and faculty members regarding immigration related issues and regulations.

Penn State Federal Credit Union
You may open a checking or savings account at the Penn State Federal Credit Union, located in suite 102 of the HUB-Robeson Center. You can view a list of other banks in State College on You must have a social security number to open an account. If you do not already have one, you can apply at the Social Security Office, located at 901 University Drive, Suite 2. You can contact them with questions at (814) 238-5035.

If you are paid through a University funding source, you will need a US checking or savings account so that your paycheck can be direct-deposited into that account each month (deposits are made on the last working day of the month). You will need to complete a salary deposit form (your department will give you this when you start work) and attach either a voided check (a blank, unsigned check bearing your checking account number, on which you've written "VOID") or a savings deposit slip.

Information Technology Security Policy Manual

Health Advocate


State College Community Information
State College's official website - an internet gateway to community information. has a vast amount of information on dining, businesses, recreation, and shopping. Visit the FAQ for answers on how to find specific information.

PA Department of Motor Vehicles
This site serves as a virtual service center that enables customers to complete e-Government services, fill out and print forms, download fact sheets, find service locations, learn about special programs, and contact PennDOT with driver and vehicle related questions and suggestions.

Theaters and Music Venues

Center For The Performing Arts
Bryce Jordan Center

Penn State School of Music
Penn State School of Theater and PA Center Stage

Child Care

Finding Housing

Local newspaper (Centre Daily Times - "CDT")
University newspaper (The Collegian)
Centre County Association of Realtors website (
State College Craigslist

Personal tools
Log in