Mentors serve as coaches and guides as you make your transition from student to professional. As a Liberal Arts student, you have multiple options for connecting with mentors and getting a good start on connecting with the power of the Penn State alumni network.
The Liberal Arts Alumni Mentor Program
The Liberal Arts Alumni Mentor Program welcomes Liberal Arts students to apply to be connected with a Liberal Arts alumni mentor. Students are matched with alumni in a field related to their major. Mentors work with students to reflect on their experiences and goals, develop new skills, and network for the future. Students must have completed at least one semester of college (at Penn State or another institution) to be eligible for the program. Contact Heather Baruch-Bueter with any questions about the program. (Students must be at least 18 years old at time of application in order to participate in this program).
|Fall Cohort||Spring Cohort||Summer Cohort|
|Application Opens||September 1||November 15||March 15|
|Deadline||September 30||December 15||April 15|
Students who apply to the program are required to:
- Have at least one declared major in the College of the Liberal Arts.
- Register for a Network Symplicity account.
- Complete the student application.
- Complete an orientation session.
Tips for Applying
- Be honest: why do you want a mentor?
- Be specific about your career goals. However, it is alright if you are not sure what you want to do after graduation!
- Take your time with your application.
- Edit your application for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and other typos.
- Make sure you receive a confirmation after submitting your application!