While Network Symplicity provides information about internship and research opportunities for current Liberal Arts majors, graduating Liberal Arts majors should create an account with the Nittany Lion Career Network through Penn State Career Services to search for full-time positions. Full-time postings are also occasionally posted on the Liberal Arts Voices blog and included in the weekly Liberal Arts Undergraduate Newswire, so keep an eye out for full-time opportunities there as well. Graduating seniors are encouraged to continue using the resume and cover letter review and assessment resources available to them through Network Symplicity until graduation, when graduates' Network Symplicity accounts will be archived.
Alumni Career Services
Alumni Career Services provides many of the same opportunities as undergraduate Career Services yet they take advantage of the wide geographical ranges of their alumni and provide services accordingly. They offer individual counseling, resume reviews, and career resources.
- Nittany Lion Alumni Career Network: An online job board that allows alumni to post resumes and search for job openings.
- On-Campus Interviewing: Employers visit campus to conduct information sessions and hold interviews for entry-level positions.
- Career Events: Throughout the year, in-person and online networking events are held to connect alumni from across the country to help advance or change their careers.
- Job Search Tools: Career fairs and on-line resources are available to assist Penn State alumni with their job search needs.
- Appointments: Alumni may request an individual appointment, to be held either in person or by phone, for a variety of career-related issues including career decision making and career transition assistance.
LinkedIn® professional networking services
Make sure to update your LinkedIn profile and join The Penn State Alumni Association’s page. This will connect you with other Penn State alumni throughout the world who you can network with, ask advice, and learn about new career opportunities.
Now that you’ve graduated, you can register as an alumnus/alumna on the online networking site LionLink. Career Coaches on the site provide valuable information and advice on jobs and careers.
Liberal Arts Alumni Mentor Program
Now that you have graduated, you can serve as a mentor. Alumni in the Liberal Arts Alumni Mentor Program serve as coaches and guides to help students make the transition from student to professional. Your experience as a Liberal Arts alumna or alumnus can serve as a guide to current students.