Network Symplicity is a web-based program specifically for Liberal Arts majors. Liberal Arts majors can create an account, complete a profile, upload a resume draft (or cover letter) for review, and search for internship and research opportunities. Internship descriptions are posted by employers or faculty members seeking Penn State students and are reviewed and pre-approved by Liberal Arts Career Enrichment Network staff members. Positions posted in Network Symplicity are typically one semester in advance of the start of the position, so summer positions are posted in spring, for example. Network Symplicity is available to all currently registered Liberal Arts majors in good academic standing (i.e. cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above).
Liberal Arts majors can use Network Symplicity to:
- Search and apply for internship and research positions;
- Upload and receive feedback on resumes, cover letters, and other application materials;
- View a calendar of professional development and career-related events;
- View job-search resources to assist with developing application materials and preparing for interviews; and
- Schedule an appointment with a Network staff member to discuss application materials or specific career interests.